Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Best Place To Be?

This time of year, the best place to be, is in the Kindergarten classroom. Now, I know there are a few of you out there that will disagree, but hear me out.

Here at my house, my kids no longer believe in Santa.

Christmas is still a fun time around here. The kids all still get excited about decorating (even B), we bake cookies (that never happens the rest of the year), and there is constant chatter about what they are getting (they seem to think I'm going to tell them).

But just the wonder and magic of Santa...is gone.

As soon as we go back to school after Thanksgiving break, all the kids are just so excited for the season.

"It's almost Christmas!", they all say.

And of course, they talk about Santa. I.love.it!!! I really do miss the innocence that goes along with believing in Santa.

If you believe, all is right with the world.

There are always one or two kids that I do feel sorry for.

The non-believers.

Because there has to be no worse feeling than being verbally attacked by 23 of you best friends yelling...

"UH HUH! SANTA IS REAL!!!"

They always look over my way and I just give them the look that says...

"You're on your here. I learned a long time ago, you don't mess with Santa."

1 comment:

that girl said...

love it..and I believe.