Wednesday, January 20, 2010

An Experiment

A few weeks ago, I had left C1 and C2 here alone while I ran somewhere.

When I got home, C2 had a balloon filled with water, still attached to the faucet, sitting in the kitchen sink. He needed it tied.

When I asked him what the heck he was going to do with that huge water balloon in the middle of the winter, he told me it was an experiment. He was going to freeze it, peel off the balloon, and see what he had.

Fine.

We put it in the freezer.

For two weeks it sat there.

Last weekend, I told him it was time to get it out of there.

He peeled the balloon off, and here is what he got.

This first picture, just makes me laugh. The ball o' ice was really cold for him to hold, and I could not get a picture quick enough!


After his hands warmed up, we finally got a good picture.


We sat it on the porch, and with the warmer weather, the ball is gone.

Experiment complete.

I wonder what he learned?