Monday, April 25, 2011

Cocoa Beach

For this year's Girls Trip, we headed to Cocoa Beach, Fl.

We all agreed that we needed to go farther south and enjoy some time in the sand and sun.

And enjoy it, we did!

After we all landed in Orlando (with a few surprises for each other) we drove the short distance to Cocoa Beach. We were a couple of hours early of our check in time, so we parked and went to the beach to sit. After the seemingly never ending winter we have had, to sit in the hot sand, was like heaven! We chatted and let the sun warm us. Just to have my feet in the sand...indescribable.

We finally checked in, unloaded, and went to the beach again. This time, properly dressed to enjoy the water too.

Our condo was right on the beach, so every morning we got up early to enjoy the sunrise and coffee on the balcony...



Friday was spent at the beach.

We rented chairs and an umbrella, packed a cooler and spent the most part of the day there.

After being there half an hour, I was asleep. I'm sorry girls, but that's what I do. Let the sun warm my skin (which is the.best.feeling) with the sound of the ocean, and I'm OUT! I didn't sleep long, but did wake up to being alone. They had all gone in the water and left me there drooling!

Saturday was marked as shopping/sight seeing day.

We found a "Hidden Treasure". It was a manatee park, and we quickly found out why it was hidden...



We did manage to see one manatee, so we all left somewhat satisfied.

While driving, we passed several cruise ships.

I've always dreamed of taking the kids on a Disney Cruise...

This is the closest I'll probably get...



Saturday night being our last night together, we took the annual "dinner shots".





Once again this trip was filled with laughs, talking and memories. New memories made and old memories revisited.

These girls are truly my "Friends for Life"!

2 comments:

that girl said...

so very happy you enjoyed yourself. <3

iteach7 said...

Awesome! It looks like you had a great time.

verification word: covetan. Couldn't be more perfect!