Saturday, May 9, 2009

Excited!!!

If you've read my Twitter Bar, you know about my friend.

They have been training for a bike race in Columbus for the last two and a half months. It's a two day ride from Columbus to Portsmouth. They sleep there all night, and then bike back to Columbus on Sunday. All together, it's about 210 miles!

Over the last weekend, they came down with a nasty lung infection. Their chances of being able to ride looked doubtful.

With rest, determination, and prayer...they are riding today!!!

I think I may be just as excited as they are! I'm so happy for them!

Earlier in the week, when we talked, I said something about not pushing them self too hard.

Their reply? "I have to push myself hard. No one else can do it for me."

Then they stated this quote: "Live on the edge; get a better view"

Gotta LOVE that attitude!!!

1 comment:

that girl said...

good for them!

and i love the quote...