Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cast On, Cast Off

One night last month, I was on my way to get a haircut and C1 calls me.

"I fell in Gym class" she said. "I hurt my hand. The nurse thinks I need to get it checked out."

I tell her I'll look at it when I get home...

It was swollen and her palm was bruised. She said it hurt, but wouldn't say how bad. She had full function of it. I told her we would see how it was the next day and that satisfied her. She even went to dance class that night.

The next day, after school it was still swollen and a little more bruised.

Time to get it checked out.

At the hospital, the nurse asked her what her pain level was.

She said a seven.

I knew right then that she had my pain tolerance. A seven!?! And she had not complained once!

After the x-rays, they knew it was broke. She had broke the fifth meta-carpal.

Perfect timing for this to happen...the next couple weeks were full of activities for her!

The day after receiving her cast, she marched at Cedar Point. Not playing her flute obviously, but carrying the banner.

That Sunday, she was confirmed at church.

And of course, she had her Dance Recital...


After dancing Friday night and one dance on Saturday, they caught her with her cast uncovered and covered it for her. She was NOT happy!

After four weeks, the cast could come off!

She now had a funny tan line!

How did she do this?

As you may know, C1 is a runner. She runs distance in Track and Cross Country.

They were running laps in Phys. Ed. and she tripped over a safety cone!

I guess that's why they don't put cones on the track, fields and woods where she usually runs.

Too many things can happen...

2 comments:

that girl said...

nice fingernail painting, too. c1 is beautiful!!

Turab1990 said...

beautiful