Wednesday, June 29, 2011

End of an Era

Since 1998, I have had a child attend the local Elementary School.

B and C1 have since moved on to higher grades and this year was C2's last year there.

On the last day, the Fourth Graders walk the halls for the last time.

It's was an emotional time for me with the other two, but this one was even more so.

I have worked at the school during C2's whole Elementary School years. We went to school every day together, and came home together. It was a good feeling to know that I was in the building with him, and I think he kind of felt the same.

I told myself that I would not cry, but in truth, I did tear up...

It was sad to see them come down the hall as Fourth Graders for the last time.

C2 and his friend L have been together since First Grade. They have become pretty good friends and I hope it continues into Middle School.

Here we are!

The last time I will be at school with one of my kids...

As you can tell, C2 felt as bad as I did.

Not really.

How embarrassing to get your picture taken with your mom!!!

2 comments:

that girl said...

such a good photo of you two!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.