Monday, April 21, 2008

A Day Off




Well, not really. A day off from school actually. Today we had a fog day. We have already used all of our calamity days for snow, so we will now be making up a total of three days. This puts us in school until June 4th. I just hope the weather is not too hot. We'll see...

I was excited to get this extra time because I never did get C2's room done. I have made out a schedule to get the rest of my spring cleaning done. What's the rush? Community Garage Sale Day! We are planning a garage sale for May 10th. This is when the whole village has a sale. This is the best time to get rid of things. That is why I am trying to get spring cleaning done now, so I can go through clothes, toys, closets, and anywhere else people have crammed stuff for the last year and get RID of it.

My kids have all really enjoyed the day. B went to a friends house to work on building a dirt bike. This friend is a GREAT kid and one that B used to hang with a lot. They kinda went their separate ways for a while so I was glad when he called B today. Some of B's other choices in friends have not been too good lately. His dad and I are at whits end with him. He is almost 15 and thinks he knows it all. Overall, he is a good kid. He is honest, funny, hardworking, and smart. He has so much potential. It's just these teenage years. I can't wait to be done with them. Especially with him. I worry so much about him.

C1 and C2 have played outside together ALL day. They get along so good. They took all their Webkinz out and had a picnic. They went across the street and played on the sidewalk for at least two and a half hours. They are so funny. I only hope that they continue to get along so well. They really are good friends!




No comments: