Saturday, May 24, 2008

Giving New Life, Part 1

I say giving new life because really once I get my mom's apartment clean, it will be a new life for her. She has lived with the clutter and cramped quarters for way too long.

I went out tonight and took out two chairs. One of them is broke. They are the wooden type gliders. I brought them home to see if M can maybe combine the parts to make one good chair. The broken one is a better quality chair than the other, so if he can get it fixed that would be great.

The chairs were just sitting right inside the door. They were used as a "catch all". When she would come home, she would just dump what ever on these chairs. Well, no more. I took them away.

After I removed the chairs, I vacuumed and just organized some piles. I would have loved to throw out some old magazines, but as soon as I would have, there would be something there that she would have missed. I have to be careful at first to gain her trust and confidence that I am just not there to throw everything away. Although, that is what I would like to do.

My mom is coming home late tonight. I would like to go out tomorrow, but this trip she took today, will make her so tired. She will probably sleep all day tomorrow. We'll see.

I bought home seven baskets of laundry. That should keep me busy!

No comments: