Thursday, May 22, 2008

What to do, what to do.

Well, I have a dilemma. I am an only child. My mom is in her late fifties. To most people, this is not a problem. When my mom was a young girl, she had polio. This ages your body by 10 to 15 years. Therefore, she does not have the strength and energy to do a lot of what she would like to do. Her biggest problem is her apartment. It needs a good cleaning, sorting , and rearranging. This has gone on for some time. I would LOVE to help her, but she really doesn't want the help. I would LOVE to go in and just do it for her. She is afraid I will throw out something that she wants. I think I have a pretty good idea of what can go and what can't. I know that if I could do this for her, it would help her tremendously.

Here is the problem. She is going out of town tomorrow and will not be back until late Saturday night. I could make a huge dent. I would prefer to just go in and do this myself. The question is, how will she handle it? Will she be frustrated? Will she be angry? Will she be overjoyed that something was finally done? I don't know Internet. What should I do?

No comments: