Friday, May 16, 2008

Ode to Midnight


This is Midnight our beloved rabbit. He died Wednesday morning, and we are all heartbroken. Midnight was not just a rabbit. He was a "house" rabbit. He was litter box trained and would just go about the house like the cats. I always joked that he thought he was a cat and we were not about to tell him any different. He would lay on the back of the couch, sit in the window sills if the chair was there for him to jump on first, or just lay in the warmth of the sun coming through the windows. He had more personality than some people I know. When he wanted attention, you would feel this little tug on your leg. That meant he wanted a little rub down. His ears would perk up when you called his name.

I never imagined that we would have a rabbit. M brought him home from work one day. One of the kids that worked for him had won him at the county fair and was not allowed to keep him. He was so small, he fit in the palm of your hand. I think he had the best life of any fair rabbit I have ever heard of. He was a big part of our family.

This is the last picture I took of Midnight. He had gone to school with me for the day. The kids enjoyed him, and he enjoyed the attention.

We will always love you Midnight.

You are missed.

No comments: