Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy 15th Birthday To My First Born



Happy Birthday B! Today you are 15. Your dad and I can not believe that we have a 15 year old. Where did the time go? I know these last few years have been trying for all of us, but it will pass. It's all part of growing up. Sometimes when I am so frustrated with you and your thinking, I try to remember the little boy I used to have. You were so sweet and so funny. You have always been a great joy in our lives. You were truly wanted and I was absolutely amazed at how fast I fell in love with you. I had never felt what I felt when you were born. I was overcome with love for you and I still feel that today. I know that you are trying to grow up and you feel we are holding you back. Maybe that is true in a way. I am just not ready to let you go. I promise to trust you and your decisions. I know I have to let you grow up. I'm just not ready.

Be patient with me, I'm new at this teenage thing. I just don't want to see you get hurt. When you hurt, I hurt. I love you B! You will always be my little Pumpkinhead!

No comments: