Thursday, April 23, 2009

Meet Blue Belle...

About a year ago our rabbit, Midnight, died. He was almost five years old. When he died, he left a BIG hole in our hearts, mine especially.

Over the last year, we have been asked to take in a couple of rabbits. It never felt right. A friend of mine, breeds rabbits. I had talked to her about getting one this spring. She really didn't have the kind I wanted, but I would have tried it. Unfortunately, the first litter she had all died. It wasn't meant to be...

Then, the janitor at the school, brought in some rabbits he had. I didn't get to see them, but I heard how beautiful they were. They were almost three weeks old and a very rare slate blue color. Without even seeing them, I knew, this was our rabbit.

Meet Blue Belle...


She came home yesterday and just made herself at home. She is tame, and calm, and loves to snuggle. She reminds me of the way Midnight was when he was little.

Blue Belle is six weeks old.

Already, she is loved beyond comprehension.

She has won my heart over, as well as everyone else's.





Well, almost everyone.


Some of us, still have some adjusting to do...

1 comment:

Steph said...

Blue Belle is adorable