Monday, April 5, 2010

First Track Meet

Last Thursday was C1's first track meet.

Her first event was the 100m hurdles. She has long pony legs, so she really hasn't had a problem with them. They'd been practicing on the astro turf though, and hadn't had many chances to do it on the actual track. She was pretty nervous about that.

Here she is with her friend H.

This was moments before the race, and she was scared.

I told her to say a prayer, and do her best!


She made it over all the hurdles, and came in second!


Yay, for her!

In between events, they had quite a lot of downtime.

She and H took a break on the sidelines.


Her second and last event was the 800m distance.


She kept up with the group and came in with a good time.

Overall, for her first meet, I think she did awesome!

3 comments:

iteach7 said...

Way to go!! I love going to our track meets.

your grandma said...

Well, what can I SAY, she is the most AWESOME 12 almost 13 year old girl I have ever known, not to mention what a cutie she is!!! I couldn't be prouder of her. And no I am not prejudice, facts are facts!

that girl said...

way to go, C1!