Saturday, April 17, 2010

THIRTEEN!!!

Thirteen years ago today, M and I met our daughter for the first time.

When the results from my 18 week blood work came back, there was a problem.

There was a chance that our baby could have Spina Bifida. They did the blood work again, with the same results. The doctor then told us we had two options. We could have amniocentesis, or a Level 2 ultrasound. After discussing the complications that come with having amniocentesis, we opted for the Level 2 ultrasound. The doctor then told us that according to the results, we would have to decide what we wanted to do as far as continuing the pregnancy. When I informed him that I could NOT terminate, he said I might as well stop right there; do not continue to find further results. How could I do that!?! I still had over half my pregnancy to go. I could not carry that burden in the back of my mind for that long!

We were sent to Columbus then for the Level 2 ultrasound.

They measured every bone in her little body.

They said she was perfect, but the thought was always there...

Eighteen weeks later, we had her in our arms, and she was perfect!!!


Today, she is beautiful, smart, funny, and thoughtful.

In our eyes, she is perfect!

3 comments:

iteach7 said...

She was adorable and today, she is just as you said, beautiful!!! Hope her birthday was awesome.

Mom and Grandma said...

She is the perfect Grandaughter, I love and enjoy her soooooooooo much. I only pray that someday you will be as blessed as I have been and have a Grandaughter as wonderful as she is.

that girl said...

she is a beauty...I love to hang out with her, too, even though it becomes silly at times..happy bday, little C1...