Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pocahontas

For the past month at school C1 has been working on a Bio Fair Project.

Every student in the sixth grade is given a historical person to research. They do ninety percent of the work at school. They write a short report, make a timeline and print pictures from the Internet. They then put it all together along with a short presentation in costume.

On Thursday evening and Friday at school, they had the Bio Fair. The evening portion was practice for the kids along with bonus points. Friday, during school, they would be judged by parent volunteers on how well they presented their characters and their knowledge of them.

Well, if you read my Twitter bar, you know that as of five o'clock on Wednesday evening, we had no costume. I said I was calling my mom, and I did.

Thank God!!!

This is what C1 ended up with


In twenty four hours my mom whipped this out. I couldn't have done it in twenty four days!

C1 got a lot of compliments on her costume, and she did a great job on her presentation.

Oh, it didn't hurt that my dad ended up being one of her three judges.

Lucky girl!

2 comments:

iteach7 said...

What a great outfit! Your kids always look awesome with the "last minute" costumes. You must have good kharma. The Bio Fair is a great idea as well.

that girl said...

i concur. great costume. C1 always looks cute, no matter what.