Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

Early this morning, on my way to pick C1 up from a lock-in at the YMCA, I saw a little dog laying on the side of the road. It looked like a Pomeranian. I saddened me to think of the family that lost this pet in such a tragic way. I prayed that they would find him or her soon.

This afternoon while driving down the same road, I looked to see if the dog was still there. It was. But this time, it had been wrapped in a blanket and moved off the road, onto the gravel.

How sweet that a fellow animal lover took the time to probably check for tags and to then wrap the dog.

There is good in the world.

2 comments:

that girl said...

what a great post on this day.

thank you.

Steph said...

I think I would have picked the dog up and tryed to find the owner...