Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sign of the Times

When I was in school we had fire drills and tornado drills.

They still have those in the schools today, but now sadly enough, they also have to have "lock down drills."

Each classroom is to close the blinds, lock the door, turn off the lights and sit quietly in the corner on the same wall as the door.

We had one of these drills on Friday.

After the drill this conversation took place between two of the Kindergarten students in our class.

Student 1: That was kind of scary.
Student 2: I wasn't scared.
Student 1: I was.
Student 2: Why? I was with you.
Student 1: You sound just like my mom.

Did I mention Student 1 was a boy and Student 2 was a girl?

Even at the age of 6 the girls are taking care of the boys.

I didn't tell her it NEVER ends!

1 comment:

iteach7 said...

Both points are so true! Girls will always take care of boys (It started with Eve). And, schools will have drills like the one you described. About 7 years ago, we had an armed intruder drill (on an inservice day so no kids were around) where there was actually a "gun-fight" between the intruder and the SWAT team. It was pretty scary, but also very informative. Maybe I'll blog about that....Thanks for the idea!