Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back to the Real World

Tomorrow we all go back to school. We have gotten in the habit of staying up late and sleeping in. We have watched several movies, got a lot of cleaning done, and enjoyed the break. I feel like I did at the beginning of the school year. I'm not ready!

We celebrated Thanksgiving at my grandma's this year. It was interesting I guess. We are a family with a lot going on. There are different issues that certain members are facing and it affects us all. Christmas should be interesting to say the least. Pray for civility among certain members, and peace this holiday season. We can use it.

M's family is suffering some separation also. Since his mom passed away, one of his brothers has isolated himself from the rest of the family. I know this hurts M. He has always been the one to reach out to this brother, but he gets no where. M's oldest brother, his wife, M, the kids and I all went to Fat Jack's Pizza on Thanksgiving Night. It was different to say the least.

My house is ready for decorating, but I am too sick to do it. Saturday morning I woke up with the flu. Nice. The kids were the most disappointed because Saturday was supposed to be the day for decorating. But, being the wonderful kids they are, they have accepted the idea that we will do it tomorrow, the first day of December. I told them that makes more sense anyways, right?

1 comment:

that girl said...

hope you are feeling better soon.

decorating on your bday??

word verification: pries

as in, do you want pries with that?