Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day Trip

Yesterday we took a day trip.

School starts on Tuesday and we had not done anything as a family this summer. With the kids' schedules, the restaurant, and time going by too quickly the summer was almost over without us having done anything. I hated that! I did not want to say that we did absolutely nothing all summer. So, Wednesday was our only chance. M was off, there was no band practice, and everyone was home.

We decided to head to Hocking Hills for the day. We had gone once when B was maybe three years old as a family. Then maybe five years ago my grandma, the kids and I all went. So actually, as a family of five, this is the first time we have gone.

We started with Rock House. It is the only enclosed cave. C2 was a little worried about bats. M assured him there were no bats. Maybe bears, but no bats. That gave him something else to worry about.





After that big hike we decided to do an easy one. We headed over to Ash Cave.






We had a picnic lunch and then headed out to our last cave, Old Man's Cave.






We all came home exhausted and sore but overall we had a good day. Everyone got along, helped each other, and enjoyed the sights.

I wish we had more summer!

2 comments:

that girl said...

where is hocking hills? we want to go!

Good luck with that!! said...

I thought that you were the only thing I missed about ohio, but those pictures make me miss it. Those are beautiful photos, great job!!!