Sunday, August 3, 2008

This One Time...At Band Camp

Oh, we've said that so many times this last week it's not funny! But you see, B left for Band Camp today, and we told him we can't wait to hear all the stories. We told him that's what he'll be saying all the time now.

B played the trombone for three years. Last year the director asked if he would like to switch to the tuba. He was thrilled! I tried to tell him about marching with a sousaphone, but of course I knew nothing. They started marching a week and a half ago. I think three times he has mentioned about wishing he still played the trombone.

Um...Who was right?

Oh, yeah! Me!



Yeah, that's C1 up in the bell!



Hey! Can you hold that door for me!?!



Before they loaded up and left, they all had their picture taken in their winter uniforms. (Remember those A? How nice and comfy they were?)

This is the WHOLE band! In my day, we had around 225 members! It breaks my heart that they are down to about 90. At one time we were one of the largest bands in this area. And that made it all that much more FUN! Oh, good times. Good times.



Finally, all the pictures were taken and everyone was loaded.





Here's to another week of peace for me! Because you know...This one time, at Band Camp...

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Bath's band is the same way. I remember having over 200 members with at least 8 tubas. Enough to spell WILDCATS!

Mom of Three said...

Yeah! We used to script "Skins". Now I don't think they have enough!

Good luck with that!! said...

omg those winter uniforms...just dripping all the time..no matter the temp. Remember how I was always overheating. You'll be happy to know I was not faking, did in the Navy and have done it since. Only now I feel it coming and just get to the air quick!!!!