Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Love My Grandma!

I was going through more pictures just now, and I came across this one.


This is my grandma. This picture was taken last Christmas at the Christmas Program at church.

When it came on the screen I instantly started to cry. I guess I didn't realize until just now how much I miss her. She has Dementia and the difference between then and now is huge. She is still very healthy, just her mind is failing her.

I need to make more of an effort to see her. I've let busyness and pride get in the way of what matters.

I love you Gram!!! You are such an amazing woman that I can only hope to be a fraction of who you are!

2 comments:

Good luck with that!! said...

Gosh, she still looks the same from when we were young. Just a little grayer. Just keep giving her a hug..she'll know somebody loves her...

that girl said...

I just talked with my Grandma today...she is battling lung cancer and is having such a hard time breathing and eating. my Mom doesn't think she will be here much longer. I only talked to her for a few minutes but had tears in my eyes when I hung up. go and see your Gram! she lives so close...as mine lives two states over. and when you see your Gram, will you do something for me? give her a hug and kiss, and be thinking of me and my Gramdma when you do. thanks.