Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting Down to Business

Last week the day before school started I made the HUGE mistake of starting a book. Whenever I have a book that I am reading, it is all I want to do, therefore other things do not get done. I was behind on laundry, bills, keeping up with the dishes, feeding proper meals to my children. You get it.

Well, yesterday morning I finished the book! So last night I was able to fix a good meal, do ALL the laundry, and get the whole downstairs clean. Feels good!

With all that caught up I can now concentrate on some other things that I am responsible for at the schools. Saturday is the kick off for the Band Pride Sale. I am the chairperson for that and it is one big undertaking! Also, I have a PTO meeting tonight that I need to prepare for. I should be planning an outing for my Girl Scout Troop. And there are still things I need to get done in the house before winter.

I feel good about getting it all done. I know I can do it!

I just can't let myself start another book.

7 comments:

Good luck with that!! said...

I know just what ya mean, those dang books are list killers. Never on any of my lists does it say read book for 3 hours. Books are my guilty pleasure in life. I know there are more things I should be doing but I just can't help myself...so what book was it?? I just finished the Lance Armstrong book, it was very good.

Mom of Three said...

I just finished NIneteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Have you ever read any of her books? She is awesome!

Good luck with that!! said...

Love her....I just bought a new one the other day. "The plain truth". and I already read "Songs of the humpback whale" I went to Barnes and Noble, I try to stay away from there, can't get out of there for under 100 bucks. Amazon is way cheaper, but I get so desperate sometimes I just can't wait!!! I was waiting to start the Jodi book till the kids went back to school.

Mom of Three said...

My Sister's Keeper and The Pact are VERY good too!

that girl said...

jodi piccoult is an excellent writer...I have read many of her books.

Nat said...

Just finished "The Glass Castle: A Memoir" and "Finding Alaska" for book club. Sooooo good!

Mom of Three said...

Natalie! You delurked!!! Yea!