Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day!

Well, we made it!

We got B's schedule, found his classes, and headed to the mall. We got his glasses adjusted (they got bent on his last Boy Scout trip) and did some shopping for him. We left "the kids", as B calls them, at my grandma's so it was just he and I for a change. We even did lunch. It was nice to spend time with just him. Although he was worried about getting home to hang out with his friends on the last day before school.

After we came home, C1, C2, and I hung out in the backyard. Them swimming and me reading in the chaise lounge. Yes, there were things to do inside, but I wanted to enjoy the sun. Soon, it will be gone! Not looking forward to winter. We had enough last year to last us awhile.

Anyways, last night we got everyone's stuff labeled and packed up.

C1 had the most. She went for the co ordinated look this year, obviously!


C2 just had the basics,


and B just took what he needed for today. You know, you can't carry more than you need. That's so not cool!


We took our annual picture in front of the tree and they were off!



Now I have a few hours until I need to go in. Thank you D for that!

I think I'm ready!

2 comments:

Good luck with that!! said...

They are getting so Big!! I love the first day of school, it like when the tornado is over and all is calm....you just have to clean up the mess. Mine start friday, so I still have a few more days of tornado conditions, in and out of the house. Darn Faye!!!

that girl said...

have you recovered yet?