Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'M NOT READY!

School starts in two days. Today we had a family cookout at my grandma's so I spent the day there. Tomorrow morning I have an OSHA meeting. There goes the whole morning. There are things that I need to buy yet for B. He also needs to pick up his schedule tomorrow afternoon. (He was on another Boy Scout trip during his scheduled time.) Nothing is labeled for C1 or C2. With the Olympics on we have been staying up late to watch them. No one has been going to bed early to prepare for getting up early. I wanted to get some things done around the house before school started, that hasn't happened. I am beginning to go into panic mode. I have felt so down all week, because now summer is over. I thought that our day trip would help, but not really. I haven't even been able to make myself go into the school to talk with the teacher I work with. I just can't do it. I'M NOT READY! I LOVE my job, and once I get in there and get started, I WILL be fine. It's just the thought of the busyness, the running, the homework, trying to get everyone in bed on time, the spending of extra money, I'M NOT READY!

One more week. That's all I want. One more week.

Then I'll be ready. (maybe)

2 comments:

that girl said...

hang in there...once it all starts, you will become fast friends with the kids..everything else will work out.

Good luck with that!! said...

In 9 months you will be saying " oh I'm gonna miss these kids!!" "I'm not looking forward to everybody being home and waiting to be entertained all summer!!"..