Monday, December 1, 2008

39 Things I've Learned

Today is my birthday, so here are 39 things I have learned in my life:

1) Cats do smile
2) When the car says "0 miles to empty", you still have a few more miles to go
3) You do not drive with two feet
4) How to do a back dive
5) I have not made my last mistake as a parent
6) Recycling is important
7) How to balance a checkbook
8) God does answer prayers
9) I do like peas
10) How to sneak in the house after curfew
11) Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, and Trigonometry
12) How to trim a rabbit's nails
13) A good laugh can get you out of a bad mood
14) I need "me" time to stay sane
15) A calick does not mean a "cow licked" you
16) Grandmas are the best!
17) The best friends you will ever have are the ones you grew up with
18) Things can change in an instant
19) I do like "The Office"
20) The songs you grew up with will always be your favorites
21) Teenagers think they know it all!!!
22) Everything will work out in the end, don't worry
23) Rabbits can be litter box trained and make wonderful pets
24) If a car door is frozen and will not shut, it will fly open when you turn a corner!
25) What tear gas really feels like
26) The older I get, the faster time goes
27) Having a pool in the backyard is heavenly
28) Way too much about how school organizations work
29) Your kids will tell you how mean you are and that they hate you
30) I can cook some pretty darn good meals
31) Guitar Hero is FUN!
32) God gives us what we need and not more than we can handle
33) How to play the clarinet and trumpet
34) That over $100,000 cash does not take up much space
35) I really should be more organized
36) Teachers do actually fall in love with all their students (I have)
37) Memories are meant to be treasured
38) Giving feels really good
39) No one loves you like your mom!

There you have it. Not much is it?

5 comments:

Good luck with that!! said...

How do you know how much space 100,000 in cash takes up?? I knew you how you knew most of the rest, turns out I knew most of that to!! HMMMMM...

Mom of Three said...

Cash Office at Value City, Black Friday sales.

iteach7 said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

that girl said...

school organizations? too much? nah...

I hope your day was special.

PS I was NOT in the building this morning for your birthday announcement...and you tried to blame me.

mindi said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cousin!!!