Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm Exhausted Already!

We started our morning with M jumping out of bed at 5:50 when my alarm went off. He was supposed to open the restaurant at 6am. He must have turned his alarm off and went back to sleep. Luckily, the server he was opening with had keys and will warm up the grill and cook if she needs to.

As soon as he was out the way, I woke up C1. She had a DARE meeting this morning at 7am. It was our turn to drive. If you know me, you know I usually run on Mosgrove Time. In other words, I'm late. Last night I had assured the other girl we pick up that we would be on time this week. I was determined to make that happen.

I fixed C1 her oatmeal, laid out her clothes, and packed her lunch.

I pulled the car out of the garage and started it. C2 is a big whiner about being cold in the morning. Especially when he is not fully awake.

After I went upstairs to wake up the boys, I dug around in the dryer to find B a pair of jeans. I asked him last night if he had jeans upstairs and he thought he did. He was wrong.

I promised C2 that the car would be warm.

C1 was poking around as usual, so I had to hurry her along.

We made it to the Middle School with five minutes to spare. The girls were excited because they would have time to go to their lockers before their meeting.

We came back home and I fixed C2 his breakfast. As he was eating, I remembered that he needed a bath. I hurried him along, got him in the tub, washed his hair and got him out. He got dressed and we on our way out the door at 7:45. He likes to go early so he can walk in the gym with his friends.

When we got out to the garage, he realized he had forgot to put his shoes on! Gees!

Now I am in the empty house enjoying the silence.

I need a little break before I get ready for the day.

Does anyone else have mornings like this?

Or are we just that dysfunctional?

1 comment:

Steph said...

No, my morniings are just as hectic. In fact I had to get my daughter to DARE today too. Enjoy your day!