Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kindergarten Games?

Yesterday in the classroom, I was working with small groups at my table.

We were playing this game, Python Path.

To play this game, each player rolls a number die to see how many spaces to move on the board. Each space is marked with a letter of the alphabet.

The player then rolls four more dice with word endings. The object of the game is to combine the letter that you landed on with the word endings to make words. For each word you are able to make, you get a point. If you are lucky, you will get four points in one turn.

Close to the end, a little girl rolls the number die and landed on the letter "h".

She rolled the word ending dice, and got:
-at
-ag
-ick
-ore

"Oh, sorry honey, you only get one point" I say to her as I am hoping that no one recognizes any of those other words.

Luckily, I had a group of innocent ones.

1 comment:

that girl said...

NICE

word verification: fable