Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finally!

Finally, today we have a two hour delay! We have been waiting ALL year for some kind of bad weather to delay us, and today it happened.

Remember the days of sitting by the radio and listening to the delays? You had to wait through the music, commercials, the DJ's chit chat and finally the delays would come on. Then, you had to keep the radio on to listen for changes. Sometimes, your friends listened to a different station and would call and tell you that their station just said it was cancelled but you still had to listen for your station to say it to make sure.

Then, came the delays on the TV. This was much nicer. You could sit and watch TV and still stay on top of the delays.

The last couple of years, we have used the Internet. The local TV station always has it posted on it's site and it updates faster than on the TV. I could get out of bed, check the computer, and get right back in bed. Easy and nice.

Well, this year we could sign up for text messaging! The local TV station will send you a text notifying you of your delay or cancellation! At 5:24am this morning I got a text telling me we had a two hour delay! I.never. even.got.out.of.bed!!!

Then, about fifteen minutes later, the school system used their new "One Call" system to call everyone and tell them about the delay!

How cool is that!

But then I was so excited, I couldn't go back to sleep.

I'm not waking the kids up though. This is like free, no kids time. Yea!!!

2 comments:

that girl said...

please tell me you did not get up then at that hour...

please. tell. me. you. did. not.

iteach7 said...

Wasn't going to reply since we only have delays dealing with hurricanes. However, the verification word caught my attention...couldn't pass it up. It's something I hardly ever do!!!

cookin

How funny is that?