Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why?

In case you've noticed the music that I have chosen for this month and are wondering why, here's the story.

When I was about 8 years old, my parents invested in a home stereo system similar to this:


It had a turn table, radio and 8 track player.


My mom would crank this up and play John Denver, Barry Manilow and Abba.

For Christmas this year I gave her a CD that I burnt for her with these songs on it.

This was the music that I was raised on.

This was the music of my youth.

When I hear it now, it takes me back.

What takes you back Internet?

1 comment:

that girl said...

music has a way of bringing us to a place that often is far away. I love music and photographs for these reasons. they can bring out emotions that sometimes are forgotten. I love the music on here now. nice to hear once and a while.