Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Want My MTV

Remember when MTV actually played music videos?

Remember your favorites?

C2 got a text message the other day that was playing Thriller.

I asked her if she had ever seen the video.

"No" she said, "But I know you do this."



Oh my, I thought. I really need to find that on You Tube.

I found it, but it will not let you embed any of them. But here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

Remember the best part was Vincent Price?

Darkness falls across the land,

The midnight hour is close at hand.

Creatures crawl in search of blood,

To terrorize y'alls neighborhood.

And whosoever shall be found

Without the soul for getting down,

Must stand and face the hounds of hell

And rot inside a corpse's shell.

The foulest stench is in the air,

The funk of forty thousand years.

And grizzly ghouls from every tomb

Are closing in to seal your doom.

And though you fight to stay alive,

Your body starts to shiver.

For no mere mortal can resist

The evil of the Thriller!

Go watch it!

It's still as good as it was 26 years ago!

(OMG! I'm so old!)

4 comments:

that girl said...

you know, too crazy we think alike...I found thriller on youtube, too, and none of the videos would allow you to embed...I just gave up and did not want to post the link but the actually video!! yeah, I watched it again ~ isn't it the best? I remember watching it for the first time when it came on....ah, those were the days..

Good luck with that!! said...

holy Crap!!! 26 years...Not possible...Um...how many times did you watch it to get all the words..

Sherri said...

26 YEARS!!! OMG....I remember watching it then freaking out cause I had to drive home.

iteach7 said...

OH WOW!!! I may be able to help you and that girl out. Our school has academic pep rallies. One of the spring ones was OLD SCHOOL. Each academic team had a different old school group--TLC, Run DMC, Beastie Boys and Michael Jackson. The host team was MJ, and they danced to Thriller. They played the video at the same time. I think I have access to it without going through you tube. I'll let you know! (The kids LOVED it...when we were decorating for our pep rally later that spring, we put it on to keep the kids occupied...they were all doing the dance!)