Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Hot One!

Today is another HOT and HUMID day! I was half tempted to spend it like yesterday, but M says no. He needs my help with the restaurant tonight. I don't do much with the restaurant. That is his baby. But, once in a while, he does ask for some help. So, in order to help him out tonight, I need clothes to wear. I certainly could not show up in my ragged shorts and tank top. Or my swim suit. Either of these is what you will catch me in if you stop by unexpectedly. That means laundry needs to be done. And because I'm so anal, I can't do laundry in a cluttered house. Which means I also have to pick up, do dishes, and whatever the kids haven't drawn out of the chore jar.

So, here's how I've been going at it. I do a little work. (enough to work up a sweat) Then I go out to the pool. It's tempting to stay in the pool longer than necessary, but I do get out to tackle the endless list of things to in the house. (enough to work up a sweat) Then I go out to the pool. Then I come back in. You get the idea.

So far, so good. Things are getting done, and I'm beating the heat.

Tomorrow? That's another story.

1 comment:

that girl said...

glad to know you have worked out a system that works...for you...want to come over in our new AC?