Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hot Dogs & S'mores

The kids have been wanting to have a fire for almost two weeks, but because of one reason or another, we haven't done it. So, when they asked last night, I said yes. I knew that M was off today, so we could stay up late. Being the wonderful wife and mother that I am, I had the fire going when M got home so he could just enjoy it.

Well, of course the whole reason for a fire is to have s'mores. But no one wants to wait for it to die down enough to really cook them right, so C2 asked if they could cook hot dogs. Sure, first we'll do hot dogs.



After a round of hot dogs, everyone was content to just sit and watch the fire. For five minutes. Then, we roasted marshmallows. Now, everyone likes their marshmallows roasted to a different degree. C1 likes hers pretty brown. C2 likes his "warmed up" you could say. You can't even tell his has been near the fire!



The best part of having these fires now that the kids are older? I get to sit back and let them fix me one of these



Mmmmm! I LOVE s'mores!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

You need to try a Reese Cup instead of chocolate...talk about good smores!!

Good luck with that!! said...

I love smores!! I miss Ohio, when I see this stuff, we wouldn't even think about having a fire, we'd all sweat to death. Here if your not at the beach, you are in the air conditioner or sweating, these are our only options.