Monday, July 28, 2008

Crazy Corn

Today I have already made three trips to our nearby city. It is roughly 15 miles round trip. Later this evening I will be making the trip again.

While doing all this driving you can't help but notice the crops in the fields. My grandad was a "gawker." He always looked at the crops and commented on how they were doing. I never really understood why, he was not a farmer. But as I get older I find myself doing the same thing. I make comments to my kids and I'm sure they are wondering why.

While driving on one particular road, there is corn on both sides. The corn has gotten so tall that it is almost like driving in a tunnel, without the top of course.

To get the affect of how tall the corn really is, I made C1 and her friend S, get out and stand by the corn so I could take their picture.



C1 was a little nervous about this. "What if someone sees us?" she said.

Um, taking pictures of the corn? I don't think they will care.

Here's a shot of the corn growing against the soy beans. I kinda love this.



What I really love is when you can actually see the individual rows of corn. So neat and tidy. The way I would like my cupboards to look, but they don't.



Here's a trick I learned from my friend T. Put the camera in the corn, and point up. Then just take the picture. You get what you get. And here's what I got.





Oh, guess what we're having for supper?

Corn on the cob!!!

3 comments:

that girl said...

you won't believe what the word verification is...maazs..sort of like maize...doesn't it remind you of corn? and who is that T girl? those turned out to be great shots...you just never know what you will get!!

wacky walters said...

Uh where's mine? And where did you get that corn on the cob from? :)

Mom of Three said...

It's sounds like we got it from the field , huh? But my mom and grandma worked in the church's food pantry and they had an overabundance of corn that was going to spoil. So, they brought me home some!