Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday.

This is a picture of she and I when we both were obviously a lot younger.

For the most part, it has been just she and I. Due to the War in Vietnam, she was alone when she had me. I think the fact that I was all hers from the very beginning has helped to form a special bond between the two of us. She has always said that we have grown up together. Being an only child has only made that bond stronger.

My mom has given so much of herself to me, I cannot begin to tell it. The time, dedication, and sacrifices she made in my behalf are amazing. Looking back now, especially now that I have a teenager, I am amazed at what she did. Again, during my teenage years, we were alone. Just the two of us. I never went without. But what amazes me the most is the fact that she had the strength to let me go. This is what I am struggling with the most with my own kids. How do you do it with one? How do you trust them enough to make the right decisions? I cannot imagine.

Mom, I know I don't say it enough, but I LOVE you! You are such an important part of who I am, and who I will become. Your love for me and my family is astronomical! My kids know where to turn when they need the extra attention. You are a very important part in our lives! I don't know what we'd do without you!

Happy Birthday!!!

4 comments:

that girl said...

what a nice message for your mom.. happy birthday, S's mom!

Good luck with that!! said...

Happy Birthday!!! You were a big part of my teenage years, and I don't think I've ever said Thank-you. So thank-you so much for putting up with all of our antics and drama's and for always being there and I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Anonymous said...

I am so overwelmed and taken by complete surprise when I just read your blog right now. I really am speachless, thank you so much. Yes,I have always felt you were all mine and I have always loved you so much that there were times if I wondered if I loved you to much, I know better now, that you can never love someone to much. The day you were born you became the center of my life, and that has never changed and never will. All I ever wanted for you was for you to be happy, and I knew I had to let you go in order for you to be happy. No, it wan't easy but I knew if I wanted to stay close to you and be part of your life I had to give you the freedom you wanted and pray that what I had taught you growing up would lead you the right way, even if you made some wrong turns along the way. Those first couple years when you moved in with Mom and Dad and I moved over here were probably the worst years of my life. At times I thought I would die, but of course I didn't and it all turned out wonderful in the end, that my darling is called faith and positve thinking. My biggest problem has always been dealing with the fact when I know you are upset or hurting about something.I always have this overpowering urge to just strike out at anyone that I think has made you unhappy, and I still feel that way today.

Mom of Three said...

Thanks Mom!