Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rides, Games, & Fireworks!

Every year the Catholic Church in our local town has a Fourth of July festival. We usually try to go, depending on M's schedule. This year he had the evening off for a change so we loaded up the kids and went. I had dropped B off earlier in the day to "hang out" with his friends. I think he was shocked that we were actually letting him go. He is 15, and I know I went when I was 15 with my friends. Also, I knew we would be coming back in a couple of hours. He didn't though, so he was pretty impressed with our parenting decision.

We actually arrived later than we had planned, so we limited C1 and C2 to one ride and one game. And we all ate of course. Gotta have those fair fries! And corn dogs? Mmmmm! After much thought, they decided to go through the Fun House. Mainly because this was the only thing C2 would even think about going on. The turning wheel at the end made him nervous though, so we had to stand and watch about ten people come out. He thought that maybe he could make it. So cautiously, they made their way through the Fun House.



Here they are at the end, watching the wheel turn. Notice the looks on their faces? C2 is really worried about this.



After C1 went through, he really had no choice but to just go!



Then we walked some more. Whenever we are in crowded places like this, C2 worries about getting lost. As we walked last night, he was actually twisting the back of my shirt, or holding on to my arm for dear life.



They both played a game.



As we were heading out to the car to watch the fireworks, we noticed this sign. Remember, we live in a small community.



Yes, folks, you could buy a raffle ticket to win a hog. (or $100.00) I think I would take the money, especially after actually seeing the hogs!



We stopped to use the restroom





then headed to the car to watch fireworks!



We had a great day!

2 comments:

that girl said...

were you at the fairgrounds, too? we only came out for the fireworks...I am trying to post some photos, too, so be sure to check them out...glad you had fun!

and no hog, why not?

Sherri said...

oink oink!! - why not? I'm sure a hog would get along great with all your cats 8-)