Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cat Canes?

One day when C2 and I were here alone, we were talking about things that would happen several years from now. We have 2 Siamese cats (the boys) that are almost 2 years old. I told C2 that someday they would be walking around here using their "cat canes". He said cats don't use canes so I asked him if he had ever seen an old cat. I knew that he hadn't because our oldest cat is 9. I said when they get too old, they have to use little cat canes. "Oh" he said and went about his business.



Fast forward to yesterday in the car. It's C1, C2, and I driving in the car. Out of the blue, C2 asked C1 if she had ever heard of a cat cane. I turned down the radio to listen. She asked him what he was talking about. He explained to her about me telling him about the cat cane. Had she ever heard of it? She told him no, but if I had told him about it, there must be one. He thought about it and said "yeah".



OK, I'm not sure which is worse. Me making up stories to my 8 year old or his 11 year old sister believing it too!

2 comments:

that girl said...

what, cat have canes? NO WAY

Sherri said...

Are they candy canes?