Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mom! Come Here!

How many times a day can I hear that? Everyone always has something that they absolutely have to show me. B is always yelling for me to come look at the TV or something he found on the Internet. It really is of no interest to me, but I have to act interested. C1 is always practicing her flute or dancing and wants me to watch. Sometimes, yeah, but 182 times a day? Not really. C2 always has a Lego creation, or something he made in the sandbox, or just anything. (He is the only one that has caught on to me and called me on my disinterest!)

Today though, C2 takes the cake. He made me come outside to see the hole he had dug. With. a. stick. Wow. Was that neat. But I made him feel good as he described to me in no less than 624 words how he dug the hole with a stick. Let me just say, it was fascinating.

I complain now, but I know the time will come that I miss the "come here's" and the "watch me's" that fill up so much of my time. That's why I come when they call, because I'm glad they want to share their lives with me. So for now I will come and watch.

Well, B is calling. On "How It's Made" they are making Pringle's Potato Chips! Now that interests me!!!

1 comment:

that girl said...

hey, come here! I have to talk to you about something..