Monday, June 9, 2008

Cool Ending To A HOT Day!

Well, the party is over. All went well, I guess. I did manage to spend most of the time in the AC. While my mom was finishing up the decorations in the garage, I prepared all the food inside. I got the green bean casserole, shredded chicken, and buffalo chicken dip going in the crock pots. I cut the cheese (not like that!) and made up the relish tray. I got all the chips matched up with the bowls and opened all the condiments. Then I went to pick up the cake at the restaurant and home to shower. I was back at my grandma's house by 1:30 to set up all the food in the garage. Then, everyone started to arrive. After I ate and visited for awhile, I retreated to the house. I spent a good deal of time in there visiting with my aunt and uncle and a couple of cousins. We had our own party inside!

All in all, it was a nice day. Hot and humid, but nice. We came home about 8:00 after everything was cleaned up and the kids jumped right in the pool. It's late now, but I think I may end up there before the night is over.

Nothing like a cool splash before bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! why have you kept this a secret for so long? I will be adding you to my list of other reads, too...

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, I love hearing about your days. Keep it up!!