Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Trip Back

After all the thought about my reunion tonight, I've been thinking about all my old friends. The ones that ever meant the most lived right in the same neighborhood. As a matter of fact, four of us got together in January this year for the first time in 25 years. But that's another post.

This post is about the old neighborhood. B has friends that live in that neighborhood now and I had to drop him off there this afternoon. Because I always carry my camera in my purse, I decided to take a few pictures. Just a few, because I didn't want to look like a stalker or anything. Besides my kids were all yelling "Why are you taking pictures of that?" at the top of their lungs. So much for being unnoticed.

So this is what I got. This is the clubhouse where we all hung out. Many fun times were had here.



Sounds elite, huh? Trust me. It's not. Especially these days.



Now here is the building that A and I grew up in. I guess that I should mention that these are condominiums. Not apartments. My mom would get upset if anyone called them apartments. They are condominiums. Anyways, A lived in the one on the left, number 49. I lived at the opposite end of the building (with the porch light on) number 52. We ran back and forth between these condos so many times, we probably could have told you how many steps it took.



I wanted to take more pictures, but like I said, I was trying not to be noticed.

Some of the best years of my life were spent in this neighborhood. I was 10 when we moved here. I was totally against it. Now, I couldn't imagine it any other way. See, parents always do know what is best! Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Good luck with that!! said...

Holy Crap!!! It still looks the same. Talk about sending me back!! I had the best times there! Remember the paddleball court, that was the scene of our first everything, bad, smoking drinking saying dirty words. not in that order!! It's the reunion, it's sending you down memory lane with a vengence!!

Sherri said...

I was just behind that building at the pool! Were you stalking me???

Mom of Three said...

Uh, yeah! I miss seeing you every day!