Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer Storms!

Yesterday was a hot humid day! It was in the mid nineties all day! I love the heat, but the humidity I can do without. We all spent our day in and out of the pool. The kids playing around outside and myself trying to get things done inside. We do not have AC, so cleaning and laundry only get done a little at a time when it is so hot.

Well, M came home from a very hot day at the restaurant and was ready to relax. We ordered pizza, the kids were in the pool, and we were relaxing on the patio. Then, my mom called to see if we had on the TV. There was a very bad series of storms heading our way and it was moving FAST! M turned on our TV and came back out to get the kids out of the pool and get it closed up. We picked up a full days worth of toys, towels, water bottles, and other things in about 5 minutes. This storm was full of funnel clouds. Many had been sighted, but only one that they knew of had touched down.

When the sky looked liked this was when we decided to go to my grandma's house. She has a crawlspace, we don't.



About 10 minutes after getting there, the sky cleared and looked beautiful!



Here's my mom, my grandma, and my kids after everyone calmed down. (Notice the swim suits?)

No comments: