Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?

Everyone says it. The older you get the faster time flies. This is so true. Why does it go so fast? I ran into a girl that I used to work with yesterday. We talked for quite a long time. I introduced her to my kids. They wanted to know who she was. I told them I worked with her a long time ago. She was just a "baby" then. Maybe 16 or 17. Then it dawned on me. I was just a "baby". I was only 18 or 19. I had my whole life in front of me. I had no idea it would go so fast.

My kids are so big! My first baby is 15? How did that happen? My last baby is 8! That's even worse! Secretly I'm glad that we waited to send him to kindergarten, because that keeps him in elementary school one year longer then other kids his age. Does that make sense? When C2 moves on to the Middle School, B will be a senior! Ah! Don't think about that!

Speaking of seniors, my 20th High School reunion is this weekend. I sent in the paperwork, but still not too sure about going. On Friday nights the town I graduated in has what is called Party in the Parkway. They bring in different bands and have drinks. The reunion committee decided to meet there for a sort of warm up to Saturday night. Saturday the actual reunion is at the bowling alley. They will have bowling, food, and drinks. Very casual. Why am I not too sure about going? In High School, I was VERY shy. I was not outgoing at all. My best friend was though, and thru her was how I actually had a social life in High School. I really doubt if I had done as much as I did if it weren't for her. So, needless to say, I really never "connected" with too many people. Yeah, there are people I would like to see, but what if they are not there? Then what? Aaahhh! I'm so confused!

To top it all off, M told me yesterday that he has to work Friday night. That was the only part I was really interested in going to. I wanted to go to kind of "feel things out". I have a friend I could ask to go with me. I don't know. A, you put me in this predicament! All you had to do was come home for 2 days so I could follow you around! Just kidding! (no I'm not)

Again Internet, what should I do?




Hey A, it's not too late to get a ticket! Just kidding! (no I'm not)




1 comment:

Good luck with that!! said...

Sorry!!!! I forgot all about this weekend!!! I should have made some plans. I thought about surprising you there for a few minutes. But somebody else started vacation today and we can't have 2 people off so I just gave up. You should go anyway!!! You don't have to do a hole lot, the people watching will fantastic. We had fun at the 15, and there will people there you had fun with. I hope you go. Take the camera, hide behind it, then post all the pics and we can make fun of everybody!!!