Sunday, September 21, 2008

11 Year Old Drama

If you followed me on Twitter Friday night, you may have noticed that I stopped posting at half time.

Why, you ask?

Let me tell you.

Let's go back to the beginning of the evening.

C1 wanted her friend L to go to the game with us. She was trying desperately to get ahold of L, but was not having any luck. In the meantime, K called and wanted to know if she could go with us. Oh! Was C1 in a tizzy. She really wanted L to go, but in case L couldn't then she would want K to go. Being the most wonderful mom in the world, I suggested that both friends go. Wow! Two friends could go to the game? Really? Cool!

So it turned out that she did get ahold of L and she was allowed to go.

We headed off to the game, and everything was GREAT!

For.the.first.quarter.

At the end of the first quarter, L ran into another friend and wanted to run around with her. C1 and K didn't so they came and sat with me and C2. Soon, L sends a text to C1 wanting to know where they were and why they were not with her. They text back and forth until L finally says "whatever" and will not answer C1's texts anymore.

During half time, they all get back together and I am thinking that everything is OK.

Wrong.

Now it is the third quarter, and L still wants to sit with her other friend, and C1 and K want to sit in the front and watch the cheerleaders.

L starts to text them again.

C1's phone battery dies.

She comes to get mine so she can text L and tell her that her phone died so she won't be mad.

So she won't be mad!!! We brought her! You are the one that should be mad!

"Oh yeah", C1 says. "But I have to tell her my phone died."

So or the rest of the game, C1 had my phone. I got to read through all the messages later that night. Oh, my. The drama! You can not believe!

After the game, we had to take everyone home. L did not speak the WHOLE way home.

She did call Saturday to talk to C1, but she was out running around with another girl, M, from school. I told L where she was and who she was with.

All she said was oh.

I hope she's not mad about it. She sounded kind of mad.

Maybe I should text her.

1 comment:

Good luck with that!! said...

I remember those days!! Only we couldn't text..but we were still mad..