Sunday, September 7, 2008

We Didn't Miss Church Today!

If you read here regularly, you know that last week we did not go to church. Also that we have been VERY bad about going to church all summer.

What you don't know is that I had even put some thought into changing churches. I have not been too happy with the youth program at our church in the last year, and I wanted to find something closer to home also.

Well, after being there today, I know there is no way right now I could switch. As soon as we walked in, we felt at home. We were greeted with hugs, handshakes, and smiles. We were told how much we were missed over the summer. This is our church.


The most wonderful part of this church is the beauty.

Our church is well over one hundred years old. The windows are gorgeous. They are the kind of windows that you just don't see in any of the newer churches. At one point today, the sun shone through and the whole sanctuary lit up.


This is my favorite one. This window is right above the altar. This window always warms my heart and welcomes me into the church. I was baptized, confirmed, and married in front of this window. My babies were baptized in front of this window. B was confirmed here. My grandad and uncle's funerals were in front of this window.

This window is so much a part of my and my family's history, how do we leave it?


When Christ is saying I'm here for you, just come to Me. How do you leave that?

You don't. We're staying!

2 comments:

that girl said...

you are so right...my sunday morning post is sooo different.

your church is your home.

Anonymous said...

you said it all, the very reason I've said it would be so hard to change, also the reason Mom and Dad never changed after they moved to Cridersville, after all even I was baptised there and I'm the oldest! That is a lot of years.